LES PUCES DU DESIGN : A UNIQUE AND INNOVATIVE CONCEPT
In 1999, it was audacious, and whereas a little crazy, to propose in Paris streets a market of antique dealers specialized in 20th century design... This was however the bet of Fabien Bonillo and of his Puces du Design ! Since more than 18 years, the Puces du Design propose the better 20th century design in opening sky and if, in 1999, the idea is totally new and original, in 2017, after 35 editions, the initiative is still unique :
- Les Puces du Design remain the only event devoted to design of this scale which combines a quality requirement that seduces professionals and an undeniable popular and friendly dimension.
• With a new artistic direction signed by Studio 5.5, the Puces du Design covered all the fields of expression of design since November 2016, going beyond the historical design of furniture through the presentation of major brands of contemporary design , but also the latest design trends that are done today.
ON 18, 19, 20 & 21 MAY 2017 : 36th EDITION, THE METAMORPHOSIS CONTINUES !
After the success of the edition of November 2016, Les Puces du Design, which have been the first fair in Europe exclusively dedicated to 20th century design, gives you a new rendez-vous at the Parc des Expositions to offer a unique design event In all its dimensions. Articulated around 4 villages each of which will have a specialty, it is all the creation of the 20th century in its original version that will be celebrated:
1. THE VILLAGE OF VINTAGE DESIGN with historical pieces, original and of quality
2. THE VILLAGE OF CONTEMPORARY DESIGN with major brands that have made the history of design and publish today the antiques of tomorrow
3. THE VILLAGE OF VINTAGE FASHION with designer pieces, high quality, original and branded
4. THE VILLAGE OF GRAPHISM which will offer photographs, lithographs and documentation of the 20th
Placed under the control of studio 5.5, a new programming punctuates the fair of unpublished spaces that set the tone of this new version of the Puces du Design:
• THE DESIGNER'S PLACE, each edition highlights a great design name or trend• ARCHIVES: exhibitions and sales of drawings from the studios of great contemporary designers; an opportunity to acquire pieces exhibited for the first time• THE DESIGNERS MAKERS STREET, which celebrates the movement of neo-artisans, both producers and self-publishers of their creations. A unique opportunity to meet the creators of the new design scene and buy objects in short circuit.• LA DESIGNERIE, a concept of braderie, hosts four major brands that come to sale one of their iconic model at a single price.• LA CANTINE, thought like a village place (with a pétanque field in November 2016), celebrates the meeting between design and conviviality
ANTIQUE DEALERS SPECIALIZED IN FASHION AND DESIGN OF THE YEARS '50 TO 2 000
First European market exclusively devoted to after-war design, the Puces du Desin have built since 1999 an international reputation... Among the hundred of antique dealers, gallerists are coming from all over in France and Europe because they regard the Puces du Design as a major international vintage event. Their selections are showing the trends and specifities of their origine ; they are giving to the event a unique dimension. Specialized in a style or an epoch, they select for the fair pieces designed by the most famous designers - Eames, Panton, Saarinen, Matégot, Prouvé... - but they are always coming with treasures and surprises : objects that are not signed or designed by creators who are not yet reknown.